Ran again tonight.
Week 1 training routine = 3 walk/run cycles, 3 times. Troy found a new workout thing called "Couch to 5K". For some odd reason, I seem to have thought it would be a good idea to switch to this from my apparently "lazy, non-training" week 1 routine. So...
Week 2 - Couch to 5K (because I also, for some dumb reason, thought it would be FUN...did I just say FUN in a posting about running?...anyway...fun/interesting/a challenge/a goal/or even maybe sweet...for me to attempt to train to run the Turkey Trot with Troy since he LOVES to run...Maybe something we can do together that costs relatively nothing. (is anything ever really free?) Maybe even something we can ENJOY doing together? HMMM...after tonight...not so sure you will ever read the word enjoy in a running post from me -EVER- again without being preceded by the word 'not'. Anyway...back to the point.
Week 2, Day 1 - brisk 5 minute walk, followed by 20 minutes of 90 second jog, 2 minute walk cycles. The jogging seemed like it took for-e-ver...the walking passed way to fast. Isn't that what always happens.
Again tomorrow...(or maybe Tuesday????) ugh...
One Day...One Day, I will be more positive about this?...I hope!



4 comments:
Okay, I had to delete my previous comment b/c I made an embarrassing typo. ; ) I believe running is a difficult sport to get into. I think it takes a few weeks to get your lungs in shape and it took me a while to get my form smooth, but every time gets better. I’m not saying your enjoyment will increase, b/c I hate it still sometimes, but you’ll form this addiction to it. This doesn’t sound too positive, but please know that I admire you for starting…you’re such a BUSY mom. I think it is awesome that you are taking on this challenge and you’re doing great! You’ll be ready for a 5k in no time….I also find changing out my running music every couple of weeks helps. ; )
Woo hoo - good for you. Do you have a specific race you're training for? I think that Lake Lewisville Bridge run looks neat.
Awwww. If it makes you feel any better, Michael gave me crap ALL day when we went to get fitted for running shoes b/c my first reaction to him telling me what we were going to do that day was a pout. lol I'm still VERY discouraged from getting injured out of my karate days.
Post a Comment