Now I will get to the point...
As most of my blog reading friends already know Troy spent approximately 6 weeks interviewing on the phone, interviewing in person, giving a presentation, etc. with the same company. We felt really good about the way this was all going and we thought for sure this was going to give a positive result. We knew the job would require "some" travel, which was a little bit of a concern since Troy wants to be actively involved in the day to day tasks with the kids AND I have no desire for "some" travel to become "travel". Anyway, I started this whole unemployment thing praying for patience. Patience for the "right" job to come along. I still want the right job, BUT 4 months later I began to pray for mercy! I know that God will provide for us...not necessarily in the way that we would hope for, but in His way. I have to admit that is tough for me to swallow at times...
Well, we found out that Troy didn't get the job. I wanted to be depressed and sad and sulk in bed with some really yummy dessert or something, BUT...(back to the inspiration) I have decided to look for the positive in all of this rather than focusing on the negatives. We also decided that we need to stop looking at this situation as a "find a job" situation and instead start respecting the current job(s) Troy does have (and trust me, we have plenty of things to get done around here). So...Troy's new occupation: Teacher, Potty Trainer (pray for him on this one for sure :), Financial Advisor, Landscaper, Painter, Professional Organizer, Physical Therapist (Quinn, please learn to walk), Homemaker, and the most special..DADDY! & many more.
Not many dads get to spend their days raising their children...what a powerful impact this will have on ours. Their daddy will be with them to make lots of wonderful memories. Library storytimes/dates will be so much fun and something I am sure my kiddos will remember forever since that has been something he has done since Peityn was a baby.
We hope and pray for a job everyday...but for now we are going to enjoy the situation we are in...be grateful for it...knowing that one day we will look back and wish Troy could have this much time with them again...proud of what we were able to overcome...and happy that we trusted...



4 comments:
Happy to see that you and Troy have taken a big leap in your faith!!! God is Good!!!
So true! And, what an awesome experience for you all. Focus on what IS instead of what's to BE!
OMGoodness. I never read this post until today. I even read about your running post and commented on it last night...but went back to look at other stuff on your blog this morning and noticed my name. I've NEVER had someone write (except my best friends) such nice things about me. You brought me to tears as I was reading it aloud to my husband. What a sweet soul you are to say such nice things. I don't know what to say but, "thank you". That meant A LOT. Hopefully we'll get to know each other better this year.
Okay, and now that I'm over MYSELF :) I just finished reading your post and I'm inspired by you. I can't imagine being on one salary and simply having a good attitude...much less maintaining all that goes with that. God will provide...but He's already providing in the ways that you acknoldged - daddy/family time. Many prayers for you. Thanks again Amanda.
Post a Comment